One of Northeast Ohio's premier youth wrestling clubs, Team Kratos provides an opportunity for students in grades K-6th to learn the fundamentals of wrestling while simultaneously building character skills that will benefit them throughout the journey of life. Serving northern Summit County, our team provides year-round training opportunities as it prepares for a balanced mix of local, regional, and national wrestling tournaments. Our team also benefits from a solid base of commercial and private sponsors. We welcome wrestlers from across Northeast Ohio to attend a Kratos wrestling practice and learn first-hand what this team is all about.
12/07/15: Another Win Advances Kratos to a 6-1 Record
Once again, depth in the line up made it possible to bring home a victory in OYWA action. This week afforded an opportunity for a number of our kids who don't normally see action on the varsity mat to step up and contribute in a big way. "Avery Conroy started off the Dual meet with a quick pin. Keaton Arabia followed up with another pin of his own. Chase Dennison lost a battle that went back and forth. Mitchell Harrison continues to improve rapidly and showed that his hard work is paying off as he added another pin to the team score. Tommy Putnam closed off the show at 150 lbs with a pin." recaps Coach Rich Slaper. Kratos improves its record to 6-1 with a win over Newberry.
11/29/15: Kratos Bounces Back with a Solid Win in Week Two Against West Geauga
"I was really proud of the kids today." stated head coach Rich Slaper. "...our entire team was really into the event! Each time I saw a Kratos kid wrestling, I could see that he was giving it his all out there. And that is all we can ask for as a staff." The varsity team had some really great wins, but no win was bigger then rookie Fisher Zappone who had a comeback victory in the 3rd period. Other winners on the varsity mat included Keaton Arabia, Conner Butterbaugh, Kyler Boyle, Owen Hall and Jonny Slaper.
11/22/15: Week 1: OYWA Competition Bring a Loss
Coming off a highlight from the week prior, Kratos suffered a loss to Mentor during week one of Ohio Youth Wrestling action. "While a couple of our young guns were absent from the lineup, the simple fact remains that Mentor bested us in head to head competition," commented coach Doug Williams. "The positional mistakes we made during today's matches were ones that we'll correct and then come back and give it a go next week."
11/15/15: Kratos Captures Overall Title at the Kratos Duals
What a great opening weekend for our Kratos boys. Kratos won the team even by going undefeated in their pool and then defeating a tough Garrettsville team in the team finals by a score of 50-39. "We have been emphasizing the need to be aggressive in all positions," commented coach Rich Slaper. "And today we did just that."
Here are the highlights
- Rd 1: Kratos 57 - Carrolton 33
- Rd 2: Kratos 67 - Glen Oak 38
- Rd 3: Kratos 74 - Perry 7
- Championship: Kratos 50 - Garrettsville 39
A big THANK YOU goes out to all the volunteers and teams who participated in the duals.
11/7/15: 2015 Season Kicks Off
The 2015/16 season has started!!! "This year we have a good mix of kids to include seven returning varsity journeymen. In total, 50 kids are on the team, grinding it out. Our Novice program is coached by Mark Thompson who has multiple years in handling that side of the room, and then our advanced program is led once again by Rich Slaper who led the varisty team to a 9th place finish at OYWA last year." commented Doug Williams. "New this season, we will host the Kratos Duals in mid November as a way to give the advanced kids an early season opportunity to grind a bit of rust of the gears. From there we head into the OYWA competition scheduled and a few Dual Events. Our competition schedule fits well with the mix of kids we have in the room and look forward to watching how the season develops".
Announcement: Kratos Duals - November 14, 2015
Team Kratos will host a community youth duals tournament on Saturday, November 14, 2015 at Hudson, Ohio. The duals event is limited to 8 teams. Participating teams will compete in four dual matches. OYWA Rules will be followed.
For more information, view the attached flyer or contact Rich Slaper at firstname.lastname@example.org
9/19/15: Spirit Gear Orders through RDP Sports Plus
Team Kratos has partnered with RDP Sports Plus in order to offer a larger selection spirit gearproducts for this upcoming season.
Those interested in viewing and purchasing spirit gear products will need to log into the RDP Sports Plus website.
Select "Kratos Wrestling" from the drop down menu within "Organizations". Use password "kratos" in order to enter the team catalog.
The cutoff date for all orders is November 15th. We expect delivery of spirit gear products by December 8th.
8/28/15: 2015/16 Preliminary Competition Schedule
Dates Are Subject to Change
- 11/14/15: Kratos Duals (ALL)
- 11/28/15: Lake Catholic Open (ALL)
- 11/29/15: OYWA League Competition - Week 1 (ALL)
- 12/6/15: OYWA League Competition - Week 2 (ALL)
- 12/12/15: Wadsworth Duals (Varsity Only)
- 12/13/15: OYWA League Competition - Week 3 (ALL)
- 12/19/15: Barberton Battle for the Belt (ALL)
- 12/20/15: OYWA League Competition - Week 4 (ALL)
- 12/27/15: Smithville Duals (Varsity Only)
- 01/03/16: OYWA League Competition - Week 5 (ALL)
- 01/10/16: OYWA League Competition - Week 6 (ALL)
- 01/16/16: OAC District - Glenn Oak (ALL)
- 01/17/16: OYWA League Competition - Week 7 (ALL)
- 01/24/16: OYWA League Competition - Week 8 (ALL)
- 01/30/16: OYWA Novice Tournament (Novice)
- 01/31/16: OYWA Sectionals (Varsity)
- 02/07/16: OYWA Districts (Varsity)
- 02/14/16: OYWA League Championships (Varsity)
- 03/19/16: OAC State Championships (Qualifiers)
- 03/20/16: OAC State Championships (Qualifiers)
- 03/26/16: OH-WAY State Championships (Qualifiers)
8/9/15: Upcoming Season Program Lineup Is Announced
Kratos Wrestling will offer the following wrestling programs during the 2015/16 wrestling season.
- Winter Novice Program: K-6th Grade, 11/2/2015 - 2/6/16, Mon/Wed/Thurs evenings, 6-8pm
- Winter Advanced Program: K-6th Grade, 11/2/2015 - 3/24/2016, Mon, Wed, Thursday evenings, 6-8pm
Practices held at Hudson High School.
To register, please contact Hudson Community Education & Recreation (330)-653-1210. For additional information, contact Coach Doug Williams via text message @ (330)-245-6050.
Announcement: 2015 Summer Open Training Program
Team Kratos welcomes local area wrestlers who are are in search of a structured training program during the summer months. On Sunday evenings starting June 28th through July 26th, Kratos Wrestling staff will host instructor-led practices at Hudson High School located at 2500 Hudson-Aurora Road, Hudson, Ohio, 44236 from 6pm to 7:30pm. All sessions are open to the public.
For more information, call Doug Williams @ 330-245-6050
6/1/15: Jonny Slaper Wins Prestigious Trinity Award
Congratulations to Kratos Wrestler, Jonny Slaper, who has won the prestigious Trinity Award promoted by the World of Wrestling Federation. Recipients of this award are determined through a combined point system based upon competition results in three national events. These events are the Flo Kick Off Classic, Tulsa Nationals and Reno Worlds. Jonny placed first in each of these events without giving up a point!! In doing so, he earned the Trinity Award and 2015 All American honors from the World of Wrestling Federation.
|Congratulations to Jonny Slaper who earned All American honors and a 2015 Trinity Award Recipient|
5/1/15: Four Place winners at the NuWay Nationals
Continuing to put up the points, four members of the program headed to Michigan for the NuWay Nationals. Congratulations to the following place winners
- Jonny Slaper (1st place) Division 2
- Sammy Cartella (1st place) Division 3
- Joey Ma (3rd place) Division 1
- Colin Koenig (8th place) Division 4
3/29/15: OAC Results
This past weekend, Kratos wrestlers attended the OAC Grade School State tournament in Youngstown, Ohio. Kratos qualified 8 wrestlers to compete in the State Championships. In order to qualify, a wrestler must compete and place in one of the District events across the State.
All of the Kratos wrestlers wrestled with class on the mats and off the mats. "I am proud to say they all fought hard the entire time and gave it there best. As coaches this is all that we can ask for. All of our kids won a match at the tournament which is not an easy thing to do at this event," commented Coach Rich Slaper. When the dust settled after a long weekend of wrestling, Kratos had three place winners.
Kratos OAC State Placers
- Joey Ma 3rd Place HWT Div. I
- Marco Cartella 5th Place Div. II
- Jonny Slaper 6th Place Div. III
OAC States Recap.......
- Joey Ma had a great tournament finishing 3rd overall in the State and was the highest finisher for Team Kratos. He went to the tournament last year and missed out on placing by a match. Joey was determined not to let that happen to himself again this year. Joey lost his only match to the eventual State Champion. In his 3rd place match, the score was tied 0-0 at the start of the third period. Joey turned his opponent for a near fall and then rode his opponent out for the win.
- Marco Cartella continues to add to his season accolades by taking 5th place at the event. Marco dominated his placement match and got the rubber match win against the wrestler that beat him at districts early this year.
- Jonny Slaper finished in 6th place. While finishing short of his goal of winning another State Championship, Jonny wrestled great on day 1 and advanced to the semi-finals before dropping into the consolation rounds.
3/21/15: OH-WAY Results
Very proud of all of the boys that wrestled at Ohioway State this weekend. Kratos Wrestling had 7 boys compete in the Ohioway State Championships, of whom of whom 6 medalled within their respective age and weight brackets. Overall, Kratos finished 13th in the State standing with 117 points. Kratos brought home THREE State Champions and this is the most Kratos has ever had!!! And three State Placers! Such a great job by all of the boys! All of the boys wrestled aggressive and they really forced the action in there matches. Our staff is very proud of these hammers!
OHWAY Kratos State Placers
- Div. I HWT Joey Ma State Champion
- Div. II 52 lbs. Marco Cartella State Champion
- Div. III 90 lbs. Jonny Slaper State Champion
- Div. III 65 lbs. Sammy Cartella 3rd Place
- Div. IV 90 lbs. Colin Koenig 5th Place
- Div. IV 61 lbs. Jay Crosby 6th Place
Recap of Ohway State Championships......
- Joey Ma won a State Championship in Div. I HWT. Joey wrestled a great tournament and really looked head and shoulders better than the other kids in his class. His hard work and dedication to the sport at an early age helped him win the Eagle.
- Marco Cartella won his second State Championship of the year this past weekend. Marco was very stingy on his defense and he didn't give up a point the entire tournament. He capped off a big win in the semi finals by dominating his finals match 5-0.
- Jonny Slaper won his 4th State Championship on Saturday. He competed in a very tough 90 lb. bracket and won the tournament. In the finals he wrestled a very tough Carter Chase and Jonny was able to build a up quick lead in the first period as he scored on a standing merkle and then was able to hold onto the lead for the win.
- Sammy Cartella wrestled a ton of matches and went 6-1 on the day in a killer weight class. Sammy lost the champion Eli Spencer in his closest match of the day.
- Colin Koenig bumped up a weight class and competed at 90 lbs. He wrestled great and advanced into the semi finals where he lost a tough battle to the eventual champion Duece Brown from Prodigy. Colin bounced back to take 5th place in a match. Colin finished off strong scoring 5 points in a row to win the match.
- Jay Crosby took 6th place 61 lbs. He was in every match and almost came back to pin an opponent at the end. Jay never gave up and his growth on the mat from where he started is so huge!
- Owen Hall DNP but challenged himself on the mat. He lost to a state placer in his first match and then he lost a close match 8-4 in his second match. Keep working hard Owen you are getting better.
3/14/15: Kratos Wrestlers Gear Up for OH-WAY and OAC State Championships
Over the next two weekends, a select group of Kratos wrestlers will represent our team at the OH-Way and OAC State Championships. Each year, wrestlers from across the state of Ohio compete in a series of qualifying tournaments to seize the opportunity at competing against the best in these two tournaments. This year representing Kratos Wrestling are the following wrestlers.
OAC State Championships:
- Joe Ma, 75lbs, Div1
- Marco Cartella, 50lbs, Div 2
- Sammy Cartella, 65lbs, Div 3
- Jonny Slaper, 90lbs, Div 3
- Ben Dimarco, 90lbs, Div 3
- Brennan Williams, 100lbs, Div 3
- Colin Koenig, 95lbs, Div 4
- Nick Gaynor, 95lbs, Div 4
OH-WAY State Championships:
- Joe Ma, 90lbs, Div1
- Marco Cartella, 52lbs, Div 2
- Sammy Cartella, 65lbs, Div 3
- Owen Hall, 68lbs, Div 3
- Jonny Slaper, 90lbs, Div 3
- Owen Goss, 100lbs, Div 3
- Jay Crosby, 61lbs, Div 4
- Colin Koenig, 90lbs, Div 4
Best of Luck Boys!!
2/16/15: Marco Cartella Returns Home as League Champion
What a finish to the finish to the OYWA season. Kratos qualified 7 boys for the OYWA League Championships, of whom 4 medalled in the tournament which propelled Kratos to a 9th place overall team finish out of 96 teams.
Kratos 52 lb, Marco Cartella, was the highlight of the day when he won the League Championships. Marco didn't permit a point to be scored against him throughout the tournament. He won the finals match by a score of 1-0 against an opponent who had defeated him twice earlier in the season. "As coaches, we have been looking for that spark in Marco all season. Today that spark ignited," commented coach Rich Slaper.
Additional place winners for Kratos included: Colin Koenig (3rd place, 86lbs), Sammy Cartella (4th place, 64lbs), and Brett Stanley (6th place, 56lbs).
2/9/15: Kratos Captures 3rd at OYWA Districts
Kratos had 11 wrestlers compete at districts and ended up with 7 of them advancing to the OYWA League Championships. Kratos Coach, Rich Slaper comments, "I challenged the kids at the beginning of the day to raise their level and stay aggressive. Win or lose, let the opponents know they had to battle if they wanted to win. And boy did the kids respond in kind"
Will Davis showed tremendous heart in his matches, stepping up his game and going 2-2 on the day. Brennan Williams and Michael Peri also went out and did their best against the older kids they typically se in their weight classes. Kratos had three champions, all in the lower weights. Marco Cartella was on a tear and won a tough 52 lb weight class and reclaimed the top podium spot after finishing runner up at sectionals the week prior. Brett Stanley dominated his competition as he took home the crown at 56 lbs. Sammy Cartella owned the mat, pining his opponent from Mayfield in the finals to grab 1st at the 64 lb weight class. Colin Koenig looked great over the weekend and came back from a semi final loss to grab 3rd at 86 lbs. Jonny Slaper took home a 4th at 90 lbs. Jonny was the youngest kid in his bracket. Nick Gaynor put together a great tournament and finished as runner up at 100lbs. He lost in overtime to a wrestler from Chardon. Lastly, we had Dominic Tromba put together his best weekend this season to date, and was able to take home a 3rd place finish. Dominic had to win in OT and he looked great defending a shot and hitting his opponent with a lateral drop to pin in the Consi Finals. Hammer Down!!!
|Austintown District Place winners from Team Kratos Prepare for the Finals Round.|
2/2/15: 11 Kratos Wrestlers Advance to OYWA Districts
Kratos had 14 varsity wrestlers compete at the Mentor OYWA Sectional tournament and moved 11 wrestlers on to the next phase, OYWA Districts which will be held next week in Austintown. Kratos finished with 199.5 points which earned a 3rd place team score. Entering the finals round, Kratos was within striking distance of a 2nd place finish. We ended with three Sectional Champions and five runner ups.
|Will Davis about to secure a takedown during Mentor Sectionals Action|
- Champions: Brett Stanley (56 lbs), Sammy Cartella (64 lbs), Colin Koenig (86 lbs)
- Runner Ups: Marco Cartella (52 lbs), Johnny Slaper (90 lbs), Nick Gaynor (100 lbs), Brennan Williams (105 lbs), Dominic Tromba (110 lbs)
- Third Place: Will Davis (82 lbs), Michael Peri (120 lbs)
- Fourth Place: Owen Hall (67 lbs)
1/26/15: OYWA All Star Results
Non varsity wrestlers had an opportunity to compete in the OYWA All Star tournament on Sunday. Kratos was well represented and the kids had a chance to demonstrate the progress made over the past 3 months. Our team finished with 15 place winners. Congratulations to all the All Star wrestlers this season.
- Champions: Chase Dennison (50 lbs), Logan Morris (56 lbs), Owen Goss (100 lbs)
- Runner Ups: Arabian Keaton (47 lbs), Ethan Clemmons (56 lbs), Bruce Wiley (70 lbs), Cade Grezlik (Hwt)
- 3rd Place: Kyler Boyle (49 lbs), Ethan Hall (50 lbs), Hayden Hrack (62 lbs), Andrew Hensley (67 lbs), Ty Dennison (72 lbs)
- 4th Place: Jean-Paul Fliss (53 lbs), Joey Ma (77 lbs), Gabe Titmas (95 lbs)
1/20/15: Kratos Caps the Dual Meet Season with Another Victory
In the final week of OYWA Dual Match action, Kratos lifts its season record to 15-2 with a close match against Chardon. While both teams split matches, the bonus points fell in Kratos favor. Final score was 46-43.
On Saturday, ten wrestlers from our program competed in the OAC District Qualifiers at Glen Oak and Oregon Clay. Place winners at these events qualify for the OAC State Championships. Kratos place winners included: Joey Ma (1st place), Sammy Cartella (1st place), Colin Koenig (2nd place).
1/12/15: Momentum Continues, Kratos defeats Mentor Black
Kratos defeated Mentor Black 67-18 and improves their dual record to 14-2. Big pins by Dom Tromba, Arabian Keaton, Brett Stanley, Jay Crosby, Sammy Cartella, Owen Hall, Will Davis, Colin Koenig and Jonny SLaper. Also contributing with bonus points was Marco Cartella with a tech fall. Rounding out the victory column was decision wins by Gabe Titmas and Mathew Randazzo.
In additional action, several our our boys traveled to Seneca, PA for an odd-age tournament. Medalling at the event included 1st Place: Jonny Slaper, Brennan Williams, Sammy Cartella, Colin Koenig, 2nd Place: Ben Dimarco.
1/5/15: Kratos Rings-in the New Year with another Win
Kratos moves to 13-2 on the year in dual meets. What a great feat thus far. Kratos downed the Mentor Cardinal by a score of 36 - 33. Kratos counted on big pins by Keaton Arabia, Ethan Hall, Kyler Boyle and Sammy Cartella to pull the victory across the line. Also contributing points for the team were marco Cartella, brett Stanley and Owen Goss. The highlight of the day was an overtime win by Danny Mondora which sealed the deal. Nice start to the new year everybody.
|Danny Mondora Scrambles His Way to Victory during OYWA action against Mentor|
12/29/14: Kratos Brings Home a Team Trophy From Smithville Duals
On Sunday, Kratos wrestlers headed to Smithville for an 8 Team Dual Tournament. Smithville is located in Central Ohio and brought together teams whom we don't typically face in OYWA action. Kratos wrestlers came ready to wrestle and by the end of the day, took grip of the team championship in dominating fashion. Individual standouts included: Marco Cartella (3-1) 52 lbs, Brett Stanley (4-0) 56 lbs, Sammy Cartella (4-0) 64 lbs, Colin Koenig (4-0) 86 lbs, Jonny Slaper (4-0) 90 lbs, Nick Gaynor (4-0) 100 lbs, and Dominic Tromba (3-1) 110 lbs.
- Kratos 70 - Smithville 30
- Kratos 67 - Mt Vernon 24
- Kratos 73 - Claymont 42
- Kratos 73 - Uniontown Lake 33 (Finals)
|Varsity Team Members Hoist the Championship Trophy at Smithville Duals|
12/22/14: Record Improves to 8-2 with a Win over West Geauga
The Kratos boys moved to 8-2 on the season in dual meets with a victory over West
|Owen Hall Ready To Pounce on the Competition at Mentor|
Geauga (44-9). A solid performance by the varsity kids a day after many of them had competed at the Barberton Battle for the belt. Several of our team members are undefeated in league competition. These include Jay Crosby, Colin Koenig and Jonny Slaper. Also securing wins for the team included Danny Mondora who moved to a 4-1 season record with a major decision over his opponent. Marco Cartella, Brett Stanley, and Owen Hall won by pins. Sammy Cartella earned a tech fall.
12/15/14: Kratos Finishes 4-1 at Wadsworth
Our varsity wrestlers traveled to Wadsworth this past Saturday to participate in a 12 team dual tournament. The Kratos boys did very well posting a 4-1 record losing only to Wadsworth in the finals and finished a strong 2nd overall in the pool. Team dual results were as follows:
- Kratos 78 - Medina 32
- Kratos 67 - Norton 9
- Kratos 52 - Lake 33
- Kratos 91 - Indian Valley 6
- Kratos 21 - Wadsworth 63
The team had some great individual performances on the day. Marco Cartella went 5-0 over the span of the day as did his brother Sam. We had three other wrestlers that also had impressive days as Brett Stanley, Colin Koenig and Jonny Slaper finished the day off 4-1 each.
Separately on Sunday, Kratos defeated Newberry by a score of 43-3 to improve their OYWA record to 3-1 and an overall dual meet record to 7-2 for the year. We had some novice wrestlers step up to the varsity level to help the team.
|A View from Above. Kratos wrestlers during match competition at Wadsworth.|
12/10/14: Jonny Slaper Ranked #1 Nationally at 100 Pound Weight Class
Congratulations to Jonny Slaper who is presently ranked # 1 in the country at the 8U 100 pound weight classification. Way to go Jonny!!
12/8/14: Kratos Bounces Back with an Exciting Win Against Lake Catholic
Hudson Kratos defeated Lake Catholic in a very exciting dual 36-28. Kratos got some very big wins by pins by Jay Crosby, Brett Stanley, Will Davis, Jonny Slaper and Colin Koenig. Winning by decision was Owen Hall and Nick Gaynor sealed the win with a tough 4-0 win at 100 lbs. Way to go boys!
12/1/14: Kratos Loses A Close Match To Mayhem
Kratos lost its dual match 25-22 to Mayhem. While both team split individuals matches, 5 and 5, Mayhem secured the win due to bonus points during individual matches. This was a hard fought dual match that ebb and flowed. The kids really worked hard and our staff recognize that the team is starting to come together as whole.
11/25/14: Another Season of OYWA Competition Begins with a Win
The boys had their first team competition this weekend at the OYWA Mentor District and gained their first win of the season by defeating Garrettsville 45-15. Big wins came by Chase Dennison, Marco Cartella, Jay Crosby, Brett Stanley, Danny Mondora, Colin Koenig, Gabe Titmas and Dom Tromba. Overall both he varsity and novice programs won 75% of the matches in which they competed. Nice start boys.
|End of practice conditioning. Picture not intentionally blurred, he was just moving fast.|
10/25/14: Super 32 Training Camp
Somewhere in the cornfields of north central Ohio there is a barn. In this barn you will find something a bit out-of-the-ordinary. While unbeknown to most passerby's, this metal shed offers an opportunity to those whom choose to past through its weathered doors - an opportunity to unite with others who share a common goal, purpose and vision - Super 32 Champions!!!. As they say, iron sharpens iron as one man sharpens another; and in this case, it's the truth. Good luck next week boys.
9/1/2014: Preliminary Kratos Competition Schedule Released
- 11/2: Super 32 Challenge, Greensboro, NC (Open: ages 4-14)
- 11/3: First Practice: Hudson, Ohio (Team - All)
- 11/9: Cliff Keen National Kickoff: Washington, PA (Open: ages 8-15)
- 11/22: OAC Fall Classic: Lewis Center, Ohio (Open: K-8th grade)
- 11/23: Ohio Youth Wrestling League Dual #1: Mentor, Ohio (Team: All)
- 11/30: Ohio Youth Wrestling League Dual #2: Mentor, Ohio (Team: All)
- 12/7: Ohio Youth Wrestling League Dual #3: Mentor, Ohio (Team: All)
- 12/13: Wadsworth Youth Duals: Wadsworth, Ohio (Team: Varsity Only)
- 12/14: Ohio Youth Wrestling League Dual #4: Mentor, Ohio (Team: All)
- 12/20: Barberton Battle For the Belt: Barberton, Ohio (Open: ages 5-15)
- 12/21: Ohio Youth Wrestling League Dual #5: Mentor, Ohio (Team: All)
- 12/27: North Allegheny Young Guns: Wexford, PA (Open: ages 5-15)
- 12/28: Smithville Youth Duals: Smithville, Ohio (Team: Varsity Only)
- 1/3: OAC Grade School Districts: Worthington, Ohio (Open: K-6th grade)
- 1/4: Ohio Youth Wrestling League Dual #6: Mentor, Ohio (Team: All)
- 1/10: Boardman Battle For the Belt: Boardman, Ohio (Open: ages 5-15)
- 1/11: Ohio Youth Wrestling League Dual #7: Mentor, Ohio (Team: All)
- 1/17: OAC Grade School Districts: Oak Glenn, Ohio (Open: K-6th grade)
- 1/18: Ohio Youth Wrestling League Dual #8: Mentor, Ohio (Team: All)
- 1/26: Ohio Youth Wrestling All Star Tournament: Mentor, OH (Team: Non-Varsity Only)
- 2/2: Ohio Youth Wrestling League Sectionals: Mentor, Ohio (Team: Varsity Only)
- 2/8: Ohio Youth Wrestling League Districts: Location TBA (Team: Varsity Only)
- 2/15: Ohio Youth Wrestling League Championships: Location TBA (Team: Varsity Only)
- 2/22: OH-WAY Northeast Regional's: Location TBA (Open: K-8th grade)
- 3/20-22: OH-WAY State Championships: Location TBA (State Qualifiers Only)
- 3/28-29: OAC Grade School State Championships, Youngstown, OH (State Qualifiers Only)
8/24/14: Results from Stubenville Super 32 Qualifier
Six wrestlers from Hudson Wrestling and Team Kratos participated today at the Stubenville Super 32 Qualifier. Entrants included Mason Coleman (9th grade), Michael Caniglia (8th grade), Matt Williams (7th grade), Colin Koenig (6th grade), Johnny Slaper (4th grade), and Sam Cartella (4th grade). The qualifier draws a highly competitive pool from across Ohio, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia who vie for placement points to be used when entering the nationally renowned Super 32 Challenge held early November in Greensboro, North Carolina. Results were as follows: 1st place: Colin Koenig, Johnny Slaper, 2nd place: Matt Williams, 3rd place: Sam Cartella.
|Johnny Slaper drives through his opponent to secure a takedown at the Stubenville Super 32 Qualifier|
8/1/14: 2014/15 Program Lineup Is Announced
Kratos Wrestling will offer the following wrestling programs during the 2014/15 wrestling season.
- Preseason Training: K-8th Grade, 9/4/2014 - 10/30/2014, Thursday evenings, 6-7:30pm
- Winter Novice Program: K-6th Grade, 11/3/2014 - 1/29/2015, Mon/Thursday evenings, 6-8pm
- Winter Advanced Program: K-6th Grade, 11/3/2014 - 3/19/2015, Mon, Wed, Thursday evenings, 6-8pm
Practices held at Hudson High School.
To register, please contact Hudson Community Education & Recreation (330)-653-1210. For additional information, see our registration page or contact Coach Doug Williams (330)-245-6050.